Strictly Limited Edition of 600 superb numbered sets in leather signed by artists Neal Adams, Tom Yeates and contributors. Click for larger image ...This superb volume is THE ultimate edition of Tarzan, with the book and clamshell box handcrafted in leather with letterpress title page and illustrated endpapers. Two Wraparound Dust Jackets are included with the book featuring a new Tarzan painting and the original 1st edition dust jacket.
EACH ARTIST LIMITED EDITION SET INCLUDES:
* Book and Clamshell Box handcrafted in leather with letterpress title page, color illustrated endpapers and printed on 80# Finch archival paper.
* Fine Workmanship: Double gold stamped titles and decorations, Symth-sewn binding, hand built box, heavy stock color plates - printed and bound in the U. S.
* Two Wraparound Dust Jackets featuring a new original Tarzan painting by Sanjulian or Daren Bader and the first edition dust jacket designed by Fred Arting.
* 25 Tipped in Color Plates featuring artwork by Frazetta, Brom, Manchess, St. John, Jones, Adams, Miller, Arting, Yeates, Pettee, Patrick, Grindberg, Jusko, Eggleton, Hogarth and many more.
* 75+ Black & White Illustrations throughout the text by a host of artists and featuring 16 full-page illustrations for Tarzan of the Apes by Zdenek Burian and a 16-page Tarzan Artist's Sketch Section.
BONUS ITEMS IN EACH BOXED SET:
* Tarzan of the Apes Artifact Portfolio (1912-1914) - includes exact replicas of editor letters, manuscript pages, Munsey's check to ERB, the ALL-STORY Oct. pulp cover, contents and title pages (1912), the illustrated first installment of the first Tarzan of the Apes newspaper serialization (1913) & the A. C. McClurg advertising postcard, illustrated order form & first edition book contract (1914).
* Vintage Pen with gold grip and gold-plated Esterbrook nib replica of the pen used by ERB to create Tarzan of the Apes.
* Die Cast Color Stamp (2 x 3) Reproduction in metal of the rare 1914 advertising stamp designed by ERB to promote the first edition of Tarzan of the Apes using Fred Arting's dust jacket art and design.Author:
Edgar Rice BurroughsArtists:
Frazetta, Brom, Manchess, St. John, Jones, Patrick, Miller, Yeates, Grindberg, Jusko, Hogarth, Burian, et alPublisher:
ERB Books, August 2021 First Edition (Out of Print)Number of pages:
Hard Cover in Slipcase with Dust Wrapper; Part Colour illustrationsSize:
7" x 10" (178mm x 254mm)